Friday 29 March 2013

He Will NOT Let You Go!

"I am His child; but in his great wisdom, he let me realise that nowhere in the whole wide world, no where in all creation, can I go from his presence. He wouldn't let me go" - Jan Dravecky

In this life, we face many obstacles and struggles that we don't understand. This can make us feel like God is against us, especially if the obstacle is something that you have always wanted. I can remember the night I read this quote, was the night I received my final rejection for the social work courses that I applied for. I can remember feeling so confused and disappointed, and even felt slightly that God was against me as I didn't understand why God had just snatched my dream away from me.  For me, it would have been so easy for me to run in the opposite direction from God and even run away from this problem, but where was this really going to get me. It was going to get me nowhere.  This is because I know that I can't live my life without him as it provides all that I need each day.

Instead of running from God, I ran straight into God's loving and comforting arms that night after I read this as after all He loves me and you reading this, he cares about me and you and he has such a plan for our lives,  more than we can ever imagine. I can remember being told once, that God doesn't tell us the plans he has for our lives is because we wouldn't believe him anyway. This is how big and how wild God's plans are for us. 

Psalm 139v 7-10 
Where can I go from your Spirit?
    Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
    if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
    if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
    your right hand will hold me fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment