Saturday 29 September 2012

Friends Stick Together


“Friends are an indispensable part of a meaningful life. They are the ones who share our burdens and multiply our blessings. A true friend sticks by us in our joys and sorrows. In good times and bad we need friends who will pray for us, listen to us and lend a comforting hand and understanding ear when needed.” ~ Beverly Latlaye
After reading this quote it made me think of who my true friends really are. Although I have many true friends here on earth, that are always there for me.  But this quote made me realise one other true friend, who is God.  When I read the quote I remembered that God wants us to call out to him and tell him what our burdens our so that he can swoop in and help us through them, to then bless us through this.  It then made me think about a song which is one of my favourites at the moment which is “Never Once” by Matt Redman and the pre-chorus and chorus goes like this struggles on the way. But with joy our hearts can say, yes, our hearts can say. Never once did we ever walk alone, Never once did you leave us on our own. You are faithful, God, You are faithful”.  This song along with this quote means so much because it reminds me of how God walks beside me and you at all times through our walk in this life, and it doesn’t matter whether we are walking through the valley of the shadow of death, or whether we are walking along the green pastures as God is there and he never leaves us on our own. Many times we can feel alone, even when we are with others, but the fact is that we don’t have to feel like this, because our true friend who gave himself for us is right there, longing for you to cry out to him.  He want to encourage you, comfort you and guide you, you just have to let him in.
As I have wrote this, I realize that I am not perfect and what I wrote is what I believe, but it is so much easier to know this than to always live that out. So the challenge I am setting is as much for myself as it is for whoever reads this.  In order to get closer to God, trust him like you would a true friend, pour you heart out to him always so that you can lead a pleasing life for him.  Lean on him and let him comfort you when you need it! He is there! He is waiting on his child to come running into his arms. So go on, what are you waiting for, cry out to God for help.
“There are ‘friends’ who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother”  ~ Proverbs 18;24
Let’s be a real friend, being as close as brothers and sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment