Wednesday 15 August 2012

Our Purpose



From Jeremiah 29v11 we know that God has a specific and unique plan for everyone of our lives, as he has gifted us with various talents to use to serve him. Lately I have been thinking more about the purpose of fulfilling the commandments that was given to Moses as well as the commandments Jesus gave us whilst he was here on this earth.  I know that it is never easy to keep all the commandments given to us, but we are only human and we will make mistakes, which is also known as sin.   I was talking the other night to a good friend of mine about sin, by saying at times we begin to think because other people who are Christians and our doing something we shouldn’t doesn’t mean that we have the right to do it too.  We also tend to judge others, both Christians and non Christians, as we begin to think that our sin of not honouring our parents is so small compared to someone’s sin of committing adultery or murder.  But we forget that our sin of not honouring our parents is the same size in God’s eyes, Basically a sin is a sin no matter what it is.
In my head and heart I have a commandment that I know I struggle with.  Firstly one I find difficult is loving your enemies, or let me rephrase it a bit, loving your enemies or the people who have hurt you.  Over the past few years i have went through some really tough times with friendships, which has lead to some friendships being ended for a few months before accepting that we needed to start building up the courage to be the first one to try and sort things out.  At times it can be messy when you try to patch  things up with  the other person as they may not be ready yet to do this, so they can push you away and tell you to leave them alone etc etc.  At this point it can make you angry and upset towards that person as they have knocked your whole courage on the head and made you feel terrible.  From these experiences I have found it extremely hard to love them, but I know that I had to try. 
I then think of what Jesus did on the cross for us... how he was wounded for us and he went through the uttermost pain, yet he still classed us as friends and he LOVED us, so I think it is about time we begin to love our enemies or the people who we have fallen out with as if Jesus wasn’t angry at us for what we made him go through we have no right to be angry at others.

No comments:

Post a Comment