Thursday 7 June 2012

Summer is almost here :)

Well Girlies :) It's not long now until our summer will be here :) buzzing.  And if you are like me you have more plans made than you will have time to yourself.  

I'm writing this our first blog just to encourage you to just keep going, which may seem slightly strange, but i feel like it is very relevant to how we all feel at this time of how we just really want summer to be here and that we have NO motivation to revise. I know it is hard but it is something we have to persevere at so that we have our basis for our future.


I was reading in Hebrews chapter 12v1-2 last night and it reads 'Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.'


Girlies I just think that this is so relevant to the time period that we are going through as it speaks of how we have to give up everything that might hinder us from doing what we know we must do; such as studying. Well i know when im studying I constantly find other things to do, its amazing how a mess room suddenly becomes annoying and we use that as our excuse to stop.  Well last night I just felt like it was God saying to me that I cant allow anything to hinder me from serving God in the way that will please him, so if that means i have to abandon all my hopes dreams and whatever else that is of this world i will want to do it. So I want to encourage you girls not to  give up but to continue running this race that has been set out before us so that we can lead lives that are pleasing to God.  This verse also gives us the reassurance that we need that it is alright to struggle and need help as it tells us to 'fix our eyes on Jesus' as he already knows what we are going through as he struggled with the same things as we do whilst he was here on this earth.


Just going to conclude this blog with a wee note... Yesterday was our first Peculiar Treasures meeting at Love Coffee, unfortunately I was unable to attend due to an unscheduled driving lesson.  but from what I gather from the girls that was there that it was a good afternoon. hopefully girlies we might have the time to slot in one more meeting before I head to Scotland.  At the next meeting we will issue the email addresses which i am in the process of making.


Lots of Love 
xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment