Saturday 9 June 2012

We All Have a Purpose :)


Today I have been thinking about my purpose here on earth! If I am honest this is something that I struggle with at times, as I feel like I'm being told what my purpose is for a specific time period, but it is hard to know if it is the voice inside my head building up my hopes and dreams, or if it is God saying to me and pushing me out of my comfort zone.  But over the last year I have had experienced both of these feelings. I'm going to be open and honest with you girls, last year in May when I was asked to become a Sunday School Teacher it was a real answer to my prayers as I wanted to give back to my church and make a difference in the lives of children, just like my Sunday school teachers had done for me.  So throughout this year I have seen God move in amazing ways and to be fair I was pushed right out of my comfort zones like when I stood in front of church giving an account of Glo, now that was petrifying but I was able to do it through the strength that God gave me :), it just really surprised me how God was able to use me to speak in front of a packed church, when I hate speaking in front of a class of 25 never mind like 100 people.  Then the next push out of my comfort zone was having to teach the children wee bible stories did challenge me as I wasn’t sure how I should put the story across.  Hearing the children still retelling the story a few weeks later just fills you with so much joy that you actually were able to teach them something.  Then the doubts I had on Gods plans this year was the fact that I had been placed back into the College after my GCSE's and in my heart I was so pleased that I had got back in, but somewhere within me wondered why I was putting myself through another two years of exams and stress as I just didn’t have a clear view of the future. Still I don’t have a clear vision of what my future holds and it scares me, when I'm honest about it.

But the verse I find so much comfort is Jeremiah 29v11 'For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to give you a hope and a future'.  I love this verse for many reasons as it reminds me that God has a specific purpose for my life, even when I am confused to where he is leading me.  I know you girls are in the similar situations, as some of us have the thoughts running through our heads of what course am I going to study at university?, What university will I go to? And even how do I know what course God wants me to do?  The thought of uni scares me as I feel so unprepared for going and so unprepared when it comes to the course as is the course I want to do, the course God wants me to do.  I also know for a couple of people that it is the whole thinking of whether they will be back studying at Lurgan College next year and suppose all I can say is that I know how it feels not knowing where you are going to be in September, but if you have tried your best in your exams that’s all that is asked of you.  But we have to remember that God is in control over what is happening, he knows our grades that we are going to get in August. God already knows and he is going to be there supporting us in whatever happens. We have to rely on him and trust in his name as this is when we will find peace in our lives.  
I also love the part in this verse that says 'plans to give you a hope and a future' as it shows me how much God cares and loves me and even how he is looking out for me as the word hope just makes me think that the future will be bright so long God is in control.  Although there will still be times of hardship in the future it will be much brighter for us as we  have the power of God in our lives working there to keep us strong and safe! Also knowing that I have hope with God in the future shows me that I can face tomorrow as he is already there waiting to pick us up and carry us through. 

Whilst I was writing a few verses came into my head which I’m not sure if it really ties in or not, but I’m going to put it anyways.  The verses are all to do with Sparrows.  The verses are:-
Matthew chapter 10 verse 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father's will. 

Matthew chapter 10 verse 31 Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. 

Luke chapter 12 verse 6 "Are not five sparrows sold for two copper coins?* And not one of them is forgotten before God. 

I just wanted to share these verses with you as they are so life giving as at times we may feel worthless due to parents nagging all the time or other reasons that we don’t like to disclose to anyone.  These verses just emphases to us that God loves us no matter what and that we are worth so much to him so he won’t let any danger come to us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment