Tuesday 30 October 2012

BRING OUT THE GOD COLOURS



Lately in youth fellowship, church and my own personal bible study I have been thinking a lot about the call that God has placed over my life. I know that God has an amazing plan for my life like he has for you who is reading this. At this minute in time you could be confused or searching for the call that God has placed upon your life. I will admit that I am still searching for the call that God has for me, and I know that I do not have to worry as My God is here with me right now and he will never leave me to fight anything on my own. For a number of years I have been involved in kids clubs and more recently I have become a Sunday school teacher and crèche leader, to allow me to fulfil the call that Jesus gave us in when he taught the people in the Sermon on the Mount.  Below I have added the verse from the Message version which I love how it puts it....

Matthew Chapter 5v13-16
“Let me tell you why you are here. You’re here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavours of this earth. If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste godliness? You’ve lost your usefulness and will end up in the garbage.
“Here’s another way to put it: You’re here to be light, bringing out the God-colours in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We’re going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don’t think I’m going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I’m putting you on a light stand. Now that I’ve put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you’ll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven.

This passage amazes me as me a child of God, who is not perfect and who is certainly not any more gifted than any of you’s is chosen to be Gods witness here on earth. I find this passage challenging as well as I think it sets the standards high for us Christians, but over the last little while I have been taught that this is not too high of a standard, this is only our reasonable service to God. (Romans 12v1-2) This has challenged me in the way that I live my life as it is so easy to just blend in with the crowd and follow what they are doing, but Jesus is telling us that he hasn’t placed us here on earth, anointed us with his light burning within us just to be hid away from all the people of this world. Jesus wants us to be standing up and sharing our faith with others, or even simply showing acts of kindness to others which reflects his love as this is how we can plant seeds in our friend’s lives that are unsaved and this is how we can start to bring out the God colours here on earth.  I know this is a huge challenge, but I am accepting this challenge as I know when I am working with God My Saviour and My Rock that I don’t have to be afraid as he will guide me and give me the strength to keep going, without expecting anything in return.

Jesus gave everything for us, he has given us the example of his life to follow, and he gave up his life on the cross to pay the penalty of our sins from the past, present and future. So I don’t think that us being asked to live sacrificially is too much to ask from us. Lets take up the challenge to do something nice for someone every day, without expecting an award, as well as doing it without making a whole song and dance out of it as Jesus loves a silent giver. So maybe your kind act will be to tidy your room without being asked or maybe it will be offering to make your parents a cup of tea or whatever it may be. I know that our parents can become suspicious but let them be. Just be that faithful servant of Christ and if we are asked to do something lets not moan, lets get up and do it out of love, and through this we never know what God could do in our lives and the lives of our families. God is the God of the impossible! Dont forget Shine from the inside out as deserves to be filling up our lives and this world that he created.




No comments:

Post a Comment